You should read these Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement below carefully. In these Conditions of Use "We", "Our" or "Us" means Hamilton James & Bruce ABN: 90 091 302 975 and includes its directors, employees and agents; and "You" or "Your" means the person who accepts these Conditions of Use, by using this website. Acceptance by You of these Conditions of Use binds You and all of Your employees, officers and agents to comply with these Conditions of Use. Without implying any licence to do so, if you pass on any information contained in the web site to any other person, you should pass on these Conditions of Use also and draw it to their attention.
Your Information and Password
Please ensure that all information provided by You in making use of this website or any of the information, services or material provided by this website is and remains accurate and complete.
A password may be required in order to access some services provided by this website. If a password is required You agree not to disclose Your password to any third party or use Your password for any unauthorised purpose.
Not Investment Advice
The information on this website should be considered general, public information and should, under no circumstances be construed as investment recommendations or advice. When making investment decisions, You should speak with a professional consultant who has the ability to make decisions based on Your personal situation.
Binding Conditions and Variations
These Conditions of Use and any which are imposed by law and which may not lawfully be excluded, are the only conditions which bind Us.
By using this website or the services provided through it after the Conditions of Use have been varied, You agree to be bound by the varied Conditions of Use.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
All statutory or implied terms, conditions or warranties concerning the quality or condition of this website or any information, service, material, advice or recommendation supplied by Us to You through this website is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If We breach any term, condition or warranty which is implied by law and which cannot lawfully be excluded, Our liability for a breach of the applicable term, condition or warranty (other than a warranty implied by section 69 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or corresponding state legislation) is limited to, at Our election:
(a) the resupply of the relevant goods, advice, service, recommendation or information; or
(b) the payment to You of the cost of having the relevant goods, advice, service, recommendation or information supplied again.
Except to the extent that liability may not lawfully be excluded, We will not be under any liability to You (or any of Your officers, agents or employees) for any loss of profit or anticipated profit, loss of data, loss of use, damage to goodwill and loss due to delay, or other direct or indirect loss or damage (including without limitation consequential loss or damage,) however caused (including without limitation due to breach of contract, negligence and/or breach of statute) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise from or in connection with Your use of this website or Your use of or reliance upon any of the information, services and/or materials contained in it or provided by it to You or Our negligence or Our breach of Our obligations under these Conditions of Use. We do not warrant that any of the functions contained in the website or your access to the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that any notifications (such as may be selected in the investor relations section of the website), will be made in a timely manner, or at all.
The information contained in this website is derived from sources believed to be true and accurate. However, the content may include errors and changes or events may occur which cause the information to be inaccurate or out of date. For various reasons substantial delays may occur before particular information on the website is updated. Accordingly, We do not warrant the reliability, accuracy, currency or completeness of that information and any reliance by You upon that information is at Your sole risk. You should satisfy yourself as to the currency and accuracy of any information provided through this website.
You must indemnify Us and hold Us harmless against all loss, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses (including legal fees), claims and damages arising from any breach by You of these Conditions of Use, Your access and/or use of the website or reliance on its contents or information received through it by Yourself or any person accessing any content through Your website.
Links to Other Sites
Hamilton James & Bruce will from time to time publish links to other websites on this website. Contents, hyperlinks or information held on other sites is not the responsibility of Hamilton James & Bruce. These links are provided for Your convenience only and by accessing these linked sites You agree to any terms of access or use imposed by those linked sites. We do not endorse any material on those websites and do not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source, merchantability, fitness for purpose or any other aspect of the material on those websites, nor do we warrant that material on other websites does not infringe intellectual property rights of any other person.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The materials displayed on this website, including without limitation all information, text, graphics, names, logos, trademarks, design, software and advertisements ("Content") are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws unless expressly indicated otherwise on the website. You may access and display these pages on a computer or a monitor, and print out for Your personal or internal business use any page or part of any page of this website. All other use, copying or reproduction (including reproduction on any other website) of any part of this website is prohibited unless expressly stated otherwise. You must not use this website in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or which violates the rights of any owner of any content. Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this website should be construed as a licence or right of use of any trademark displayed on the website without the express written permission of the owner of the trademark.
We do not represent or warrant that this website and any other information or material contained in, downloaded or accessible from this website, is free from computer viruses (including macro viruses) or any other defect or error which may affect Your software or systems. You should protect Your software and systems by installing and implementing Your own security and system checks.
The website under the domain name www.hjb.com.au is created and controlled by Hamilton James & Bruce in the State of Victoria, Australia. The laws of Victoria govern these Conditions of Use, and You and We submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria and the Federal Court of Australia.
We reserve the right to revise the content of, amend links from or withdraw access to this website at any time without notice. You must terminate your link to this website if we request you to do so, either directly or by notice on this website.
Hamilton James & Bruce Website Privacy Statement
An Important Notice About Privacy for Job Seekers and Candidates
Hamilton James & Bruce Pty Limited (HJB) makes the following disclosure for the purposes of the Privacy Amendment Act 2000:
HJB only collects personal information that is necessary for the performance of one or more of its tasks or functions. When unnecessary personal information is offered to us we will decline it and will make no note of it.
HJB has received or may receive personal information from or about you in connection with your seeking work through us. This may be in the form of a resume and/or commentary from referees you have nominated or from other persons when we need to find out more information from persons whom you may not have nominated. We will let you know whenever we propose to seek information from persons whom you have not nominated.
- Your personal information has been or will be collected by HJB (ABN 11 002 921 468) of Level 11, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
- You can contact us by phone on (02) 8248 7000 - ask for the Privacy Officer; by mail to Level 11, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Attention: Privacy Officer.
- You have a qualified right to access personal information, which we hold about you. If you wish to do so please write to us as indicated above. We may charge you a moderate fee to cover the cost of providing access. We will discuss those fees with you if they apply.
- Normally, we collect personal information from or about candidates such as yourself for the following purposes, namely, to:
- assess your suitability for referral to our clients with a view to interviewing you for a prospective position and following-up reference checks and other screening and cross-checking services HJB provides to its clients to assess your suitability;
- assess your suitability for engagement by HJB to perform temporary or contract work services for HJB's clients and to manage your work placements; and
- provide copies of your personal information to appropriate clients who may be interested in interviewing you for a position.
- Tax laws and various laws relating to employment require HJB to collect certain information such as name, address and tax file number, which will be relevant where HJB engages you as a temporary or contract worker for a HJB client. Some types of employment may require that we collect information regarding your suitability to engage in those types of employment. Examples could include work with children or work in positions of special trust or involving the handling of money. If you are seeking those types of positions we will discuss with you the additional information that we will require and we will seek your consent to our obtaining any necessary sensitive information (a special category of information defined in the Privacy Act).
- We may disclose your personal information to the following types of organisations and persons:
- HJB's clients whom we deem suitable for consideration of your personal information, qualifications and experience. We will try to let you know who they are before we provide your personal information. However in some cases our clients wish to remain anonymous during the early stages of their considering a candidate's suitability. We will let you know when this occurs and seek your consent to our providing your personal information. Alternatively, we may provide information in a way that does not identify you.
- referees and former employers you have nominated for the purposes of obtaining references;
- other potential referees whose identity we will discuss with you;
- HJB's consultants who perform recruitment services on behalf of HJB as independent contractors rather than employees;
- independent contractors performing services for HJB on its information technology. Such persons may from time to time have access to our database, which may include your personal information. Such persons would not take interest in the content of the database, but rather its functionality from an I.T. perspective.
- All related subsidiary entities of Hamilton James & Bruce Group Limited adhere to the same practices as are described in this disclosure. If you would like more details of them please contact our privacy officer.
- As regards referees, if you have or at some future date nominate a person for us to contact, we assume that you consent to our receiving a full and frank reference from that referee and that we are entitled to pass on the content of the referee's remarks to our clients, irrespective of the presence of derogatory material. If that is not the case, please notify us immediately. If you do not consent to this, however, it may devalue references that we do obtain or may place us in a position where we would decline to offer further assistance.
- If you have omitted to provide relevant personal information, this may influence our assessment of your suitability for a position with HJB's clients. If we are not able to obtain the information we require, we might be limited in our ability to find suitable work of the type you are seeking or we may choose not to offer further assistance.
- You may have provided us with or we may collect "sensitive information", as defined in the Privacy Act that it is necessary for us to collect. If you have done so we take this to mean that we have your consent to retaining that information and using it for the above-mentioned purposes and disclosing this information to the types of organisations to which we normally disclose information as listed above. If you do not wish us to do so, please contact us immediately to inform us.
HJB regards privacy and confidentiality as important principles of its business. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
An Important Notice About Fair Trading
- Hamilton James & Bruce Group Limited will not charge candidates a fee for the purpose of finding a candidate employment;
- Hamilton James & Bruce Group Limited up will not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to a candidate about the nature of a position); and
- If you believe that Hamilton James & Bruce Group Limited have acted inappropriately, you may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.